Tagliarini Chiropractic now offers Class IV Cold Laser Therapy as an adjunct to Chiropractic care
WHAT IS COLD LASER THERAPY?
Class IV cold laser therapy is currently the most dependable and most result-producing of all the physical therapy modalities. It is FDA cleared and there have been hundreds of studies, documents, and scientific tests done documenting its effectiveness. Use of this therapy can result in pain relief, accelerated healing rates, and a decrease in inflammation.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT?
Class IV cold laser therapy is extremely safe and all that is usually felt is a mild warming sensation. Safety glasses are used and all safety considerations are in place before we begin a session. Depending on the chronicity and size of the body part being treated, most sessions last 4-8 minutes.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Class IV laser therapy utilizes and infra-red electromagnetic energy. When the laser is placed against your skin, photons (light energy) penetrate several centimeters down and are absorbed by the mitochondria (the energy-producing part of the cell). Research shows that tissues targeted by this energy are stimulated to produce enzymes critical to cellular energy production. Since cells need energy to heal, this therapy facilitates and accelerates healing at a cellular level. Class IV cold lasers work 5x faster than Class III, taking only a few minutes to get the maximum effect.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF COLD LASER THERAPY?
- Accelerated tissue repair and cellular growth…Cells of cartilage, bone, tendons, ligaments, and muscles are repaired faster.
- Reduction of scar tissue formation…This is important because scar tissue is less elastic, has poorer circulation, is more pain-sensitive, weaker, and much more prone to re-injury and frequent exacerbation.
- Anti-inflammation…It decreases the inflammatory effect of trauma, overuse, biomechanical stress, or systemic conditions.
- Analgesia (pain relief)…It suppresses nerve signals that transmit pain to the brain.
- Improved vascular activity…It significantly increases the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue.
- Increased metabolic activity…It creates a higher output of specific enzymes.
- Improved nerve function…It accelerates the process of nerve cell regeneration.
- Stimulates trigger points and acupuncture points…It stimulates muscle trigger points helping restore muscle tone and balance.
WHAT CONDITIONS CAN BENEFIT FROM COLD LASER?
Just to name a few (in no particular order)…neuropathy, arthritis, bone spurs, plantar fasciitis, tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow, rotator cuff strains and tears, DeQuervains Tenosynovitis, TMJ, herniated discs, tendonitis, tendonosis, enthesopathies, stress fractures, shin splints, runners knee, carpal tunnel, ligament tears, sciatica, bunions, hip discomfort, neck ache, back pain, muscle strains, joint sprains, Achilles Tendonitis, nerve conditions, post-surgery healing.
Contact us today to set up a cold laser therapy appointment.