Chiropractic care is essential for the pregnant mother. During a pregnancy, a spine and pelvis undergo many changes and adaptations. As the mother’s center of gravity shifts forward, many women experience back or leg pain. This shift can also cause changes in the neck region contributing to pain or numbness in the shoulder or arm. The Webster Technique helps decrease and eliminate these common discomforts while allowing the baby to move into a head down position for delivery.
The Webster Technique
The Webster Technique, discovered by Dr. Larry Webster, founder of the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA), is a specific chiropractic analysis and adjustment for pregnant mothers. The Webster Technique is the only proven safe, gentle and effective chiropractic method to treat pregnant women. For over 30 years, this technique has been successful in allowing pregnant women to experience safer, easier births. In addition, The Webster technique has an 85% success rate in relieving intrauterine constraint, allowing the baby to get in the best possible position for birth. This limits the incidence of breech presentation and therefore unnecessary cesarean sections.
Dr. Jessica Tagliarini is one of the most experienced Certified Chiropractors in Connecticut certified to perform the Webster Technique. She has had tremendous success with the Webster Technique and would be honored to have the opportunity to help you.
Benefits for Mother and Baby
- Decreases back, pelvic, and leg pain
- Helps the uterus enlarge symmetrically with the growing baby
- Allows the baby to get into the best position for birth
- Enhances the strength of the uterus
- Creates an environment for safer, easier deliveries
- Helps avoid unnecessary medical intervention and trauma to the mother and baby
Statistics for Pregnancy
- 15% is the highest acceptable limit of cesarean sections annually.*
- According to the National Center for Health Statistics, the C-section rate has increased more than 50% since 1996.
- 29% of all births in the United States are Cesarean and nearly half are due to breech presentation.*
- In 2007, a record high 31.8% of births in the United States were by C-section (according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention).
- On average, 26.1% of births in Connecticut are via C-section (StateMaster.com)
- One of the reasons the C-section rate continues to rise is that there is that enhancing women’s ability to give birth vaginally is not a high priority for obstetricians. Even during labor, a breech baby can be moved into a head-first position.
- 84% of patients receiving chiropractic care reported relief of back pain during pregnancy. There was significantly less likelihood of back labor with chiropractic.*
* (World Health Organization)
“After two difficult posterior deliveries, my doula suggested I try The Webster Technique. Dr. Tagliarini treated me routinely throughout my pregnancy resulting in my baby being in the correct position for delivery and a fantastic birth.
~ Lisa R., Tolland, CT
“Since experiencing The Webster Technique, my pain is gone and I’m much more comfortable. I can’t imagine going through pregnancy without it.
~ Beth A., Columbia, CT
“My baby was transverse at 38 weeks. After two adjustments, my midwife confirmed the baby had flipped head down.
~Susan K., Windsor, CT
Why Dr. Jessica Tagliarini?
Dr. Tagliarini is one of the most experienced Certified Chiropractors in Connecticut certified by the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association in The Webster Technique.
Dr. Tagliarini has been featured as an expert in West Hartford Life and Hartford Courant newspapers as well as on “Better Connecticut” on WFSB-TV (CBS) and FOX CT discussing the Webster Technique.